18/03/2009

My Czech stage



WHEN YOU LEAVE
I’ll start hating this country when you leave.
I’ll hate people, alcohol and trams.
But I will love streets and squares,
Those places that were engraved with your name
And already drowned under the snow.



TODAY I PROMISE TO YOU
Today I promise to you
(you and I know that I will not fulfill it),
that you won’t find again my eyes
seized between the smoke,
zigzagging between people,
hoping that you watch to me,
watching you.



THE SKY DIES WHILE I WAIT
The sky dies while I wait
for the end of your hangover and I drag
mine and its corpse.
And I aspire to push the needles
in thousand different ways,
everyone but useless.
And the insipid flavor of your lack
shakes my lips like a cable
in my wet feet.
Cause you are warmth and my days
Are a telephone made frost.
There’s nothing else lately.
Just a heavy sphere in the wall
and a pebble soup in the plate.



IT DAWNS
I love your clothes
When it dress the ground of my room,
And my feet get cold and my bed
Gets smaller.
And when almost felt sleep I don’t want to sleep
But just to look at the starred sky
that is brighting in my pillow.
And with my belly turning round and my hungry eyes,
To have breakfast with the rest of your yesterday make up.
While morning pass envying my good luck.







IT'S LIKE WHEN I WALK
It’s like when I walk and cross
A space that smells like you:
My life turns 180 degrees in my shoes
But air is cruel and you are not there.
And there I stand in front of someone’s back
That you are not and looking the emptiness
That my illusion of seeing you lets.



LAST NIGHT
Last night I spent with you
The sun was shining and it was the noon
And my hand’s eyes looked at your body
in the nocturnal light of that mistaken time.
Drunk but all yours.
By Jacobo Polledo

No comments: